Friday 11 September 2009

Custard Apple




Custard Apple - My favourite Fruit - Summer I used to enjoy eating these fruits ... When i was a kid i used to go with my dad to buy these fruits.... these Lambadi (Tribe in india) people sell the fruits on the streets.... they bring the fruits in the bullock carts and live in that cart till they finish selling the fruits .. They will be bunch of people with carts and kids running ... ladies chatting and bargaining with potential buyers :p ... its totally new world... They wore all lovely jewellry ... whenever they move their hand.. i could hear the sound of the bangles .. they ear hangings... their clothese were all stitched with mirrors... most of the young ladies in those attire looked beautiful ... Very natural ....
my dad was never a expert in bargaining.. he gives the money what they ask for ... later when we tell our mom .. she used to give "Bargaining lessons" to dad ...
my mission is to eat as many fruits as i can ... so i keep all the fruits on the floor ... press gently each fruit and see which one is ripe ... take the ripes one out and keep aside... make equal shares for my bro and me .... the ones which are not ripe... i used to keep them in the Rice Tin ( Apparently if we keep them in closed tin .. the process of getting the fruit ripe is quicker than in open air ... well thats what my mama used to tell me ..) .. so all done .. now we are ready to eat... i always used to use a spoon when i eat custard apple so that my hands dont get dirty ..... I used to eat really fast and collect the Black Seeds... :) ... now that we have finished eating... we used to clean all the black seeds ... dry them .... and play games with those seeds ...
Ah my memoris.... Lambadi people were Custard apple selling angels for me :) .. Thats what i used to think then.... :)

1 comment:

Disclaimer

Disclaimer : We do not host any of the videos that are available on this blog. We just link them from popular sources on the internet like youtube and google videos . These videos are uploaded to those sources by the community at large and not by us. Please write to us through Comment, if you feel that any video on this website has objectionable content or violating your copyrights. Those videos shall be promptly removed from our blog.All The videos May Not Be Available All The Time. Please leave a comment, If Any Of The Links Are Not Working. We Will Try To Update Them Or Remove The Dead Links...Thank You.