Tuesday 21 July 2009

Summer holidays

Summers - i love summer.. clothes dry quickly.. we get to eat mangoes.. milkshakes.. coconut water.. afternoons we used to carve for ice lollies .. i remember very well in one summer holidays .. my uncle and aunt from delhi came to visit our place ... they stayed in our house for couple of weeks.. my mom was busy with her last brother wedding preparations so most of the time she was away from home.. so my aunt and uncle used to be at home.. like baby sitting for us .. whenever ice lolly guy used to shout "Ice Cream .. Ice Cream" ...every 2 mins interval time.. we used to jump.. thinking that someone will buy for us.. becoz my aunt was at home.. we cried in front of her and she melted.. she called that ice lolly guy and bought 2 lollies for us.. she paid to him and he left.. next day again we heard his shouting "Ice Cream.. Ice cream" .. again we started jumping.. my aunty knew that we were going to annoy her so she called him and brought lollies but this time she told that lolly guy to come later to collect money as my mom was away.. she kindly agreed and left.. it conitnued for 3 days.. every day we were looking for afternoons... then my aunty and uncle left to delhi ..

Now comes the story to unfold.. this ice lolly guy came the next day and knocked at our door.. my mom opened and asked him whats the matter.. he said.. where is the other madam who brought lollies for past 3 days.. my mom said im the owner here and there is no other madam .. he said.. she brought few lollies from me and promised me to pay today.. he pointed at us and said.. these kids were eating lollies .. please ask them .. my turned around and asked what happend and we told that aunt brought us lollies and we ate..

My mom asked the amount and paid that guy but she was so very annoyed with my aunt did that as those days money was very precious .. ladies used to save money to buy gold or sarees for special occasions.. she had to shell out some money from that .. hehe.. but at the end of the story.. We had lovely time eating those lolliess...... aha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

Disclaimer : We do not host any of the videos that are available on this blog. We just link them from popular sources on the internet like youtube and google videos . These videos are uploaded to those sources by the community at large and not by us. Please write to us through Comment, if you feel that any video on this website has objectionable content or violating your copyrights. Those videos shall be promptly removed from our blog.All The videos May Not Be Available All The Time. Please leave a comment, If Any Of The Links Are Not Working. We Will Try To Update Them Or Remove The Dead Links...Thank You.